My ThinkPad is durable .. ?

. Tuesday, January 11

Yesterday, when one of the executive board ask my supervisor to lend him any IBM Laptop Adaptor, mine is the one that was 'honored' to be picked up. That's also the reason why yesterday I can't make my way to the internet, since I pushed the machine out of it's capacity - therefore the battery was out of power and the machine was killed - but the first 30 minutes was fine.

This morning, when I got my adaptor back, I was so happy so I set evertyhing quickly. When I pluged the adaptor input jack, I realize that the battery indicator was kept on blinking - uh, strange -
First I didn't give a ruckus about it, and since yesterday all that I had been doing is looking for some updates for my ThinkPad BIOS, I already get set to install it. I checked my BIOS just to found out that my systemboard has an error, which then took me almost half of the day just to realize that it was the battery that makes the error keep on coming out. Aack!

Now, do I have enough fund to replace the battery pack? Or will I be smart enough to do it during these last month? That battery must be already age for years now, because I found out that the original battery pack can keep the machine running for 3 hrs - while mine only last for 30 mnts +

A moron speaks on the net, saying "Just pull the battery pack out, and the error will be gone". Well, I ended up following his advice.

0 comments: