1984

. Tuesday, April 5

If anybody have ever read a book with this title, I'd like to hear some comments.

I know this is a very old book, but I do believe that this is a good book to read.
Okay, for those that are definitely blind about this, I'm going to tell some points out.

"1984" is 'forth-telling' the situation that this world face in the year 1984.
It tells about how the nations in the world are uniting and therefore only making out the existence of some super-power countries. The focus is on a man that is dwelling about the truth and so-called ideology that his country implements to every 'civilized' civilian. Pretty amusing, I say.

There is one thing that really hit me on the spot. It's about how the leader run the country by preventing any difficulties to rise, in means of the wipe-out of words and definition from the society. Can you imagine you live in a society that doesn't understand what is "rebel", "inequality", or "initiative". Since words and definition are telling the society to think and compare every aspect of their situation, eliminating them is just like cutting the social logical frame, isn't it?

3 comments:

Sherilla Lay said...

I did. I have read it in Bulgarian though. I suppose that in English it would sound a bit different.

The book is a little heavy with the sense it leaves that you are watched all the time, that you should hide if you want to love, to feel, to be human.

Shouriwa said...

That's one comment I've been waiting for. It is hard to feel, love, even live with that kind of situation to live in. I'm agree in evertyhing that you have said Sherilla.

Do you have any suggestion of good book to read, since I'm having extra budget for this month expenditure ; )

Sherilla Lay said...

a month ago i read "The Girl Who Played Go" by Shan Sa. Strong book shaking with the simplicity of the words and the depth of the feelings and sensitivities.

You could also try Marquez, I always admire Marquez. I believe you’ll like Amor en tiempo de cholera (Love in the Time of Cholera) in case you haven't read it ::))