Yuck !

. Thursday, September 23

Another night passed with tremendous experience ... last night we cook .. yeah we cook our own meal. Well, the rations we had from the nights before ... I can't say those were some proper meal (fried egg for dinner, instant noodle for dinner, some rice seasoned with salt only for dinner). This new living thing sure getting tough day by day. We never had a proper meal before since we were too busy saving some money for next month expenditures, but gladly none has been hurt in this long process : p
But last night, we had fish for dinner, yup a deep fried fish (that was all we can do, considering all the kitchen utensils we have at home). Ju bought a half-kilo of those-looks-like-sardines, and since he's the one that bought it ... I took the turn to clean the fishes. So, I did it, I did it just like the way I usually do it. Then I fried some of it, before I leave the rest to be taken over by J-Ko.

Something bad was being reported to me, the fish guts (the one that I pulled out from the fish) is still reside in our dust bin, inside the house, and since today's humidity and temperature is very high ... resulting a-stinkin'-house !

2 comments:

Sherilla Lay said...

[nich], you made me dream of the old days when I had more free time to cook. I used to cook at least twice a week and to invite friends for dinner. Nowadays I just go to a restaurant after work or buy food from the take-away shops around.. My fridge is a cold desert: a bottle of piƱa colada, another of melon liqueur and a few lonely lemons :) A friend of mine told me that this couldn’t be a girl’s fridge is she wants to keep a boy close to her (the shorter way lo the love passes through the stomach, as people say) but I really can’t help with this. Anyway, you gave me inspiration to try something this weekend and if the experiment is successful I’ll see you soon around here. :)))

Shouriwa said...

It's not very often that I can revive one's old happy memory (is it a happy one, Sherilla? I presumed so).

I love to cook ...
At least when I have a proper kitchen to use, not the one currently in use. It's our living room. Since it's a 'living room' everybody in the house start to think that it's the space where we can do any 'living' activities (including cooking).

"Hey, who started the fire .. ugh .. to much smoke in here ... some gets in my room"
*cough*
"That cooking sure smells strange ... "
*cough*
"Ack, darn ! The smell stays on my clothes, my bed sheet"

Hihihi ... that what happens when we cook our first 'deep-fried-sardines'.